Marble is a climate tech venture studio. Our north star is to erase billions of tons from annual greenhouse gas emissions and create a thriving future.
We partner with scientists, engineers and operators to create new deeptech companies that solve hard climate problems — slash industrial emissions, remove carbon from the atmosphere, and cool the planet — while reshaping multi-billion $ industries.
We're proud to be backed by leading climate investors across Europe and the US.
About The Role
We are hiring a Venture Scientist (Associate / Senior Associate) to coordinate venture creation across several opportunity areas in climate, with a leading role on research, technical strategy, Founder support and ecosystem engagement.
You will work in close collaboration with our Partners, Associates, and our Founders to help us prioritise new venture development, recruit top talent, develop climate solutions with strong technical differentiation, and take investment decisions.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with brilliant Founders on a mission to turn the tide on the climate crisis. You will also get exposure to leadership functions such as strategy, investment decisions, portfolio management, and investor relations.
The role is ideal for a scientist with a background in chemical engineering (or related), a passion for climate tech innovation, and prior exposure in science commercialisation, for instance in deeptech startups, venture capital, or industry.
Location: HQ in Paris - we can sponsor relocation visa if needed
Language: English fluency required. Another language (French or other) is a plus.
You will coordinate deeptech venture creation for several opportunity areas in our pipeline, across deep decarbonisation, carbon removal, and adaptation.
- Research. You will track emerging technologies and market developments to identify and prioritise white spaces where Marble should create new companies.
- Programme. You will work with Founders in our venture creation programme, from early ideation to technical roadmap, techno-economics, go to market, IP strategy, and more. You will lead scientific diligence throughout the process.
- Talent. You will work with our talent team to identify and recruit top technical talent with Founder potential to create companies with Marble.
- Ecosystem. Through events, networking and collaborations, will help us strengthen relationships with top scientists, industry experts, investors and founders.
- Content. You will produce memos and presentations based on your research. You may also contribute to external communications (articles, webinars, etc.)
You will have weekly interactions with some of the smartest minds in the space, through expert calls, top talent interviews, and weekly deep dive sessions.
Progress and work plans will be summarised in regular reports to Partners. You will have the opportunity to hire and manage junior colleagues.
The role may involve occasional travel for events and meetings.
Skills & Profile
Your ability to learn on the job will be more important than ticking all the boxes, but if you recognise yourself below, we would love to hear from you:
- You have a PhD level technical expertise in one of the following disciplines: chemical engineering, electrochemistry, physical chemistry, geochemistry, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, systems engineering, or a related discipline.
- You have demonstrated interest for climate tech startups, with exposure to a sector like industrial decarbonisation, carbon removal, critical minerals, clean energy, etc
- You ideally have exposure to science commercialisation (startup, industry, or venture capital) and any of the following activities: process simulation, techno-economic analysis, technical roadmapping, product development, market research, IP strategy, and related.
- You are naturally inquisitive and curious. You can quickly generate non obvious insights on a new technical field, even outside of your core discipline.
- You are a creative systems thinker. You enjoy thinking in first principles to break down hard climate problems and generate new ideas for venture creation.
- You approach radically new ideas with an open, yet critical mind. Your first instinct is to ask how they scale, and you get to the salient questions quickly.
- You have a builder mindset. Ideally you have already built something tangible and unique in your field, be it a reactor, a computational model, or a product.
- You are a great communicator (written, verbal, visual). You know how to build and defend a conviction, present in public, and convince others to follow you.
- You are outcome focused and action oriented - you make things happen.
- You love to break down ambitious goals into actionable milestones.
- You understand that innovation starts with people - not ideas.
- You are approachable, empathetic, and generous.
- You are a pragmatic optimist on a mission to tackle climate change
What We Offer
- Full-time (CDI) contract
- Competitive salary - based on experience
- Participation in profits from portfolio investments
- Rapid learning curve and personal development
- HQ in central Paris. Some remote days are possible.
- Team + Founder offsites - typically twice a year
- 40 days off = 25 standard + 10 forfait jours + 5 over christmas and new year
- 1 paid 'learn week' to develop your expertise in emerging fields
- Benefits: health insurance (Alan), meal vouchers (Swile), 50% commute refund
- Perks: wellness (gym, sport, yoga, ...) and development allowances (books, courses, etc)
- Exposure to our network of top founders, investors, and advisors
- Working with the brightest, most driven individuals you’ll meet
- Creating the future of climate tech in Europe
How To Apply
Apply ASAP by filling this form. You will be asked for:
- Your CV + LinkedIn and other relevant profiles
- A concise cover letter telling us about you and why you want this role
We believe that a diverse group of minds is key to solving the climate crisis. We strongly encourage women and people of colour to apply.
Studies have shown that under-represented candidates are less likely to apply for an opportunity unless they feel they meet every single qualification.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and mission-driven company. If you’re excited about Marble but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with what you read on our website, we encourage you to apply anyways!