About The Company
Marble is a climate tech venture studio. Our mission: bring the world at least one gigaton closer to net zero and create a future that thrives.
We partner with scientists, engineers and operators to build and scale up unique deeptech startups that slash emissions, remove carbon and cool the planet.
This role is for a new stealth company created by Marble which uses cutting edge electrochemistry and advanced energy storage technologies for net zero emissions, with a total impact potential in the multi gigaton scale.
About The Role
We are looking for a mission-driven, and experienced research engineer specialised in electrochemistry and energy storage, to build the first fully integrated prototype of a unique technology with a 10x improvement potential on current benchmark.
You will be reporting to the CTO, a repeat entrepreneur with a PhD in electrochemistry applied to carbon management and author of 2 patents in greenhouse gas removal.
This role offers a unique opportunity to come in at the ground floor of a climate startup which is laser focused on high impact at scale.
As an early hire in a fast-growing company, success means your role will evolve as key team member and mentor for younger colleagues. You will play a central part in our overall technical development, IP strategy, company success, and climate impact.
Location: HQ in Paris - we can sponsor relocation visa if needed
Language: English fluency required. French is not mandatory.
- Co-develop a full working prototype for a first of a kind technology with 5-10x improvement on current benchmark in close collaboration with the founding team
- Use hand calculations, computational modeling, and computer-aided design (CAD) to design hardware devices
- Manage the hardware delivery timeline and success through ideation, prototyping, design, assembly and deployment
- Lead development testing design and implementation
- Analyse experimental data, draw insights, and contribute to technological breakthroughs.
- Coordinate and negotiate component and system level requirements with third parties
- Identify creative ways to fast-track our technical roadmap and accelerate our impact
We are looking for a candidate with a MSc or PhD in electrochemistry, mechanical, chemical, industrial engineering and similar with hands-on experience in the development of electrochemical and energy storage devices and technologies, particularly in batteries systems, supercapacitors, or fuel cells. The ideal candidate will have experience in at least one or several of the following areas:
- Prototype development: experience conceiving, designing, and constructing working prototypes, demonstrating experience with CAD and parts fabrication.
- Scaling experience: ability to design prototypes with scalability in mind, anticipating challenges and potential solutions for large-scale production;
- Practical experience in electrochemistry: hands-on involvement in various electrochemical processes, including but not limited to production of gas diffusion electrodes, preparation of membrane electrode assemblies, utilization of electrochemical measurement techniques, and analysis of gas and liquid products;
- Process engineering: Application of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and electrochemistry to forecast mass and energy balances for devices at different scales. Familiarity with feasibility evaluations accounting energy efficiency, cost implications, and environmental considerations.
- Analytical/Scientific programming experience (Python, Matlab, Excel, etc..)
- Experience with at least one commercial FEA or multiphysics simulations package (COMSOL, ANSYS, etc…)
What We Offer
We are an early stage company building a world-class team, and a game-changing technology based an ambitious vision, and we are 100% committed to it.
On top of the opportunity to make REAL impact in climate fight, we offer:
- Full-time (CDI) contract
- Competitive compensation and equity package based on profile & experiences.
- Benefits: health insurance, meal vouchers, 50% commute refund
- The unique opportunity to join the startup from its inception and play a critical role in its growth.
- A collaborative, dynamic, and stimulating work environment which promotes a rapid learning curve and personal development. We believe that innovation starts with people and that we are all responsible for shaping the future of the company.
- Work ethic and intellectual honesty.
- Working with some of the brightest, most driven individuals you’ll meet
How To Apply
We believe that a diverse group of minds is key to solving the climate crisis. Studies have shown that under-represented candidates are less likely to apply for an opportunity unless they feel they meet every single qualification.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and mission-driven company. If you’re excited about Marble but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with what you read on our website, we encourage you to apply anyways!