Marble is a climate tech venture studio. Our north star is to erase billions of tons from annual greenhouse gas emissions and create a thriving future.
We partner with scientists, engineers and operators to create deeptech companies that can solve hard climate problems, and reshape multi-billion $ industries.
Together, we co-create radical solutions that slash emissions in hard-to-abate sectors, remove carbon from the atmosphere, and cool the planet. We shape the most promising ideas into new companies, funded by Marble.
We're proud to be backed by leading climate investors across Europe and the US.
Hard Climate Problem: Clean Hydrogen
Hydrogen will be one of the workhorses of deep decarbonization. Across heavy industry and transportation, clean molecules will be required as low-carbon fuels or chemical feedstocks where direct electrification cannot do the job.
These molecules include H2 itself but also its conversion into other H carriers like methanol, ammonia, and synthetic hydrocarbons. While today 96% of H2 production relies on fossils, huge investments are being made into clean H2 production, from water electrolysis to other approaches like CCS and methane pyrolysis.
While we believe in an all-hands-on-deck approach, it’s unclear to us whether current technologies in the pipeline have a pathway to extremely low cost and CO2 footprint without any physical bottlenecks (e.g. electricity, metals, etc)
We have been working on a revolutionary process to tackle this problem.
We have developed a breakthrough process to produce clean H2 from a virtually unlimited and renewable resource under our feet, with a route to $1/kg by 2030.
Additionally, this technique can unlock further geological resources beyond hydrogen, with a massive potential for climate change mitigation on the multi-gigaton scale.
The project leverages over 10 years of prior research with compelling data coming out of the world’s leading lab in this nascent field.
We are looking for a stellar individual to join as CEO & Co-Founder.
- The project is led by an exceptional CTO and Co-Founder who is the inventor of this process and has over 10 years of applied research experience. Key technical aspects have been de-risked with compelling data coming out of a lab prototype.
- The CEO and Co-Founder role is broad, but will have a strong focus on anything related to bringing energy resources online: site selection, permitting & licensing, project financing, supplier & sub-contractors management, and local community engagement. You will also take on natural CEO functions such as customer and partnership development, product vision, value chain positioning, team building and fundraising.
- This list is not exhaustive and represents a partial vision of the CEO role for an early stage deep tech company. Your ability to learn on the job and execute on the vision will be more important than ticking all the boxes!
If you are a mission-driven individual with experience in one of the areas below, and with both a commercial & operations mindset, we would love to hear from you!
- Experienced energy professional with a background in either oil & gas, geothermal, mining, geologic storage, or hydrogen. Operational experience with reservoir engineering, well interventions, field development, or unconventional processes is a plus.
- OR Exploration and production expert with a proven interest in the areas above, and the ability to get up to speed quickly on both tech and market
- OR Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) expert with experience in the sectors listed above and a strong commercial mindset
Nice to have: international experience with sales, partnerships, fundraising, site permitting, navigating complex regulatory environments, and community engagement.
Who We Are Looking For
We encourage you to apply even if you feel you don’t meet all requirements above. We know that some skills can be learned while you are building!
We value intelligence, creativity and Founder Potential:
- You dream of founding your own company and building a stellar team.
- You are a pragmatic optimist with a driving motivation to mitigate climate change.
- You know how to communicate about deeply technical subjects in a way that speaks to non-technical individuals to spark their interest
- You are self-motivated, outcome-focused, and action-oriented. You enjoy working on multiple project areas with an interdisciplinary team, in a fast-paced environment.
- You are naturally inquisitive and curious, able to quickly grasp key concepts, and go deep enough to surface non-obvious insights.
- You understand that innovation starts with people. You enjoy building collaborations within a team and with external partners.
What We Offer
As Co-Founder and CEO you will partner with a Marble Founder in Residence who has been developing this project and will take the CTO role of the new company.
You will have the opportunity to meet her/him before making any big commitment — to learn more about the idea and evaluate how well you’d be working together.
We offer (among other things)
- A €2,500 monthly allowance during your participation in the programme
- A €250,000 pre-seed investment on startup creation, if you are successful. You and your team will own 80% of the company at pre-seed.
- Full-stack support in our venture creation programme
- Mentorship and guidance at every step of the way
- Hands-on support across technology and market research, landing interviews with experts and customers, techno economic modelling, roadmap and scaleup strategy, sourcing your future co-founders and advisors, and more
- Access to an unparalleled network across science, industry, talent, investors, mentors, and other climate deeptech founders
- Access to our research insights, knowledge base and curated resources
- Weekly check-ins, work sessions in our Paris HQ (or remote) and continuous peer learning with other programme participants
- Seed Fundraising support after the programme. Introductions to the best seed investors and help with term sheet negotiation.
- Founder Visa sponsorship if you wish to relocate to France. Remote participation would a challenge, but we’re open to finding different partnership formats.
How to Apply
We are looking for the best candidate - so you are welcome to apply as soon as possible.
We believe that a diverse group of minds is key to solving the climate crisis. We strongly encourage women and people of colour to apply.
Studies have shown that under-represented candidates are less likely to apply for a role unless they feel they meet every single qualification.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and mission-driven cohort. If you’re excited about the programme but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with what you read on our website, we encourage you to apply anyways!
For a full list of FAQs, please visit our website.