Marble is a climate tech venture studio. Our north star is to erase billions of tons from annual greenhouse gas emissions and create a thriving future.
We partner with scientists, engineers and operators to create deeptech companies that can solve hard climate problems, and reshape multi-billion $ industries.
Together, we co-create radical solutions that slash emissions in hard-to-abate sectors, remove carbon from the atmosphere, and cool the planet. We shape the most promising ideas into new companies, funded by Marble.
We're proud to be backed by leading climate investors across Europe and the US.
About the Role
We are hiring a Chief of Staff to support the Marble team and Founders community in the day-to-day work of solving the climate crisis.
Reporting directly to the Partners, you will make sure everything runs smoothly across all of our operations and coordinate various projects.
Working with some of the brightest and most driven individuals you’ll ever meet, you’ll be immersed in the worlds of climate tech, venture capital, and deeptech. You will also get exposure to key leadership functions across strategy, finance, recruitment, people ops, portfolio management, and investor relations.
We look forward to meeting a diverse group of candidates, from early-career individuals to those with a few years of experience.
Location: HQ in Paris. Flexible hybrid possible
Language: English and French fluency required.
You will support the Marble team and Founders community across a range of day-to-day activities and special projects. These will include, but not be limited to:
- Founder Experience. You will help us deliver an outstanding programme experience, across onboarding, event planning (offsites, work sessions, travel), curriculum and resource library development, and general programme support.
- Studio Operations. You will ensure things runs smoothly, from people ops (contracts, benefits, onboarding, payroll) to finance and office management. You will develop our digital tool stack to maximise efficiency and delight, and leverage analytics to suggest continuous improvements to our processes.
- Events & Community. You will coordinate our meetups, webinars, and other events, and will represent Marble in external meetings. Using events and online channels, you will develop our community of Founders, investors, scientists and industry leaders.
- Partner Support. Acting as a right hand to the Partners, you will support the preparation of presentations and investor updates, manage travel, speaking engagements and other requests, making sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Special Projects. You will support the launch of various initiatives within Marble and the broader ecosystem: policy, diversity, partnerships, new activities, etc.
Skills & Profile
Your ability to learn on the job will be more important than ticking all the boxes, but if you recognise yourself below, we would love to hear from you:
- High ownership. You are self-motivated, outcome-focused, and action-oriented. You are at ease picking up tasks and projects from initial brief to completion. You actively seek out new ideas to improve the way things work today.
- Multi-tasker. You can keep multiple plates spinning at once, not letting things fall behind even in a fast-paced environment. You are able to determine priorities across multiple streams of work, and can easily transition from team player to focused work.
- Well organised. You enjoy creating structure in everything from processes to information management, in a way that feels seamless and intuitive.
- Sensible communicator. You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, able to convey key information in a clear and concise way. You know how to handle confidential material, what can be shared with whom, and when to double-check.
- Detail-oriented. You take pride in the excellence and details of anything you produce, whether it’s an email, a memo, a deck, or an event. Anything you are involved with is delivered with care, accurate information, and polished formatting.
- Tech-savvy. You excel at using digital tools. In addition to essential office apps, you love using no-code to streamline processes and communications. Ideally, you are familiar with modern software like Slack, Notion, Airtable, Zoom, Zapier, Calendly, etc. Bonus points if you know CRMs, marketing tools and social media.
- Climate motivated. You are a pragmatic optimist with a driving motivation to mitigate climate change. You are passionate about the mission to create new climate solutions, and working in climate tech is a key desire for your next role.
- People person. You love meeting new people and excel at managing and nurturing relationships. You are approachable, empathetic, and generous.
- Curious. You enjoy engaging with scientists and engineers who may work in highly specialist fields. You have an intrinsic curiosity for science, entrepreneurship and industrial sectors, and can’t wait to learn more on the job!
What We Offer
- €40k - €50k brut annual salary (CDI) based on experience
- Potential participation in profits from portfolio investments
- Rapid learning curve and personal development
- HQ in central Paris. Flexible hybrid remote possible.
- Team + Founder offsites (3-4 times a year)
- 40 days off = 25 standard + 10 forfait jours + 5 over christmas and new year
- 1 paid 'learn week' to develop your skills in emerging fields
- Benefits: health insurance (Alan), meal vouchers (Swile), 50% commute refund
- Perks: wellness (gym, sport, yoga, ...) and development allowances (books, courses, etc)
- Exposure to our network of top founders, investors, and advisors
- Working with the brightest, most driven individuals you’ll meet
- Creating the future of climate tech in Europe
How To Apply
Apply ASAP by filling this form. You will be asked for:
- Your CV + LinkedIn and other relevant profiles
- A concise cover letter telling us about you and why you want this role
We believe that a diverse group of minds is key to solving the climate crisis. We strongly encourage women and people of colour to apply.
Studies have shown that under-represented candidates are less likely to apply for an opportunity unless they feel they meet every single qualification.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and mission-driven company. If you’re excited about Marble but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with what you read on our website, we encourage you to apply anyways!